232 Chipset based design Volvo Serial Diagnostic Cable OBD
New Design! 232 Chipset based design
Works excellently volvo fault code reader 1.3 serial
version Serial port design, supports the most chanllenging
time-critical application like serial EEPROM programming
OnBoardDiagnostics Versions: 1.3
Volvo FCR Communication Interfaces to connect a Volvo Vehicle to a
What can this interface be used for?
This interface (adapter) is used as an interface and an Serial
cable to connect a volvo vehicle to a PC for on-board diagnostics
(OBD). It is fully compatible with the diagnostic software version
1.3 from Volvo FCR. Volvo FCR is a software program that turns your
PC into a sophisticated Volvo diagnostic tool.
Product Features and Benifits:
- Supports Volvo FCR version 1.3 or older
- Precision-molded diagnostic connector made to fit all volvo
vehicles, even those with "tight" trim around diagnostic socket
- LED light indicating communication status
- High quality UL certified Serial Cables (equivalent to CE)
- Built-in, Electronic Protection from the "Aftermarket Radio
What is Volvo FCR?
Volvo FCR is a Windows-based Diagnostic Software for Volvo that
emulates the functions of the dealers` very expensive proprietary
scan tools. As the first aftermarket Volvo-Tool, it has the
Volvo control module coverage includes:
- Engine - Petrol and br / ABS
- Automatic transmission
- SRS - airbag and other protection systems
- Driver and passenger seat memories
- Instruments, including service light reset
- Climate control - air conditioning
- Road traffic information
- Additional heater
How to use?
- For laptops and PCs, download the shareware 1.3
- Run it and follow the prompts to allow it to install itself.
Note: You must install volvo FCR on your PC's hard disk -- it will
not work properly if you try running it directly from a floppy or
CD. However, you can use a floppy or CD to move the distribution
file from a PC with internet access to another PC that does not
have internet access.
-Connect the interface between the computer and the car by plugging
one end of the interface into a Serial (RS232) (or USB port ) on
your PC and the other end directly into the OBD-II port present
- Turn the car's ignition switch ON. No need to start the engine.
- Start the Volvo program,
- Now it works. Make sure the software can reliably access all the
control modules that it should in your car.
What Are the System and Computer Requirements?
- A PC running Windows: It is recommended to use at least a
Pentium-100 (or AMD equivalent) with 16MB of RAM and Windows 95 or
newer. Volvo FCR may work on some lesser PC's, but anything less
than the above recommendation is unsupported. Windows 95, 98, ME,
NT4, 2000, and XP are all fine. Available disk-space is a total
non-issue, Volvo FCR requires less than 1 MB.
1pc x VOLVO Serial Cable
1pc x CD Drive